You may have worked on your backyard once or twice and got a positive answer from your family and friends. I mean good is fine but what’s wrong with great, beautiful or excellent. It takes a lot of bravery and hard work to turn a void into a beautifully designed landscape without relevant training. Even with all the experience, professional landscape designers can attest that it’s not a walk in the park. You see, designing a landscape takes more than just creativity, a better understanding of the ecosystem within the surrounding is as paramount.
Findings from Husqvarna Global Garden Report 2012 showed that over sixty-one percent of respondents didn’t have a problem with paying more for a house or an apartment situated in an area with natural-looking, green spaces. Research also shows that commercial offices with well-designed landscapes have higher rental rates than those without. These are 5 reasons why you should drop the DIY syndrome and hire a professional landscape designer.
1. They are well acquainted with the local climate. Having lived in your locality for decades does not mean you’re well versed with the climate or the soil. A professional and preferably local landscape designer is cognitive of the surroundings hence he can pick plants that will thrive in that particular climate and soil despite the seasonal changes.
2. Professionals have the much-needed creativity and experience.A person that chooses to landscape as a career must be very passionate about it and hence creative. The most critical reason to hire a professional landscape designer is his ability to turn mere ideas into a beautiful reality. An ordinary person is erroneous while an expert has made enough mistakes doing previous projects and learned from them. Therefore, there is 99 % chance you will fall in love with the design.
3. Will help you stick to your budgetWorking within the budget is not an easy task. Many projects have been left halfway for a long time because of an unexpected depletion of the allocated finances. A professional landscape designer knows his way around anything related to landscaping including the cost of everything needed to complete the project. With a realistic Proforma budget, you can decide whether to go ahead with the project, break it into stages, or wait until you get the full amount altogether. Also a professional knows where to place trees and shrubs to reduce the cost of energy.
4. Landscaping often not a one day job, it’s always a work in progress. Professional Landscape designers stick to the plan until the project is complete while having a clear idea of the end results. More also, plans don’t always go as planned. There might be a crop up or potential betterment which a professional can spot and capitalize on at the same time reducing chances of pitfalls. For instance, lack of a proper recycling system or too many ornaments on the lawn robbing off the natural beauty of the landscape.
5. Maintenance is a factor that many DIY landscapers forget to put into the account. Well, good maintenance is what retains the beauty of a landscape. While you might consider a plant just because of the beauty, a professional landscape designer will go for indigenous plants that are more versatile and able to survive in that environment effortlessly or without much watering.
Whether you have the intention of selling your house in the near future or you are just a human being who appreciate the beauty of nature you should go for a professional to do the landscaping. Hiring a professional landscape designer with this economy might sound not like a smart move, but it’s worth it especially if you are trying to make something great out of a small space.Landscaping has more benefits other than making your home attractive. If done by a professional, all the better. Some of these advantages include controlling temperature by keeping you warmer in winter and cooler during summer. Landscaping also creates a healthier home providing cleaner air through filtering pollutants.
If landscaping has never seen the top of your priority list, the above points should be able to change your mind. Get a professional to do you landscape design, and you will marvel every single day you look at your outdoor space whether commercial or residential.